- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- garlic salt to taste
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ground beef, onion, egg, bread crumbs, and bacon bits. Season with garlic salt. (I like to use a lot.) Divide into four balls, and pat into patties.
- Lightly oil the grate, and place patties onto the grill. Cook for about 5 minutes per side, or until firm and no longer pink in the center. Serve on toasted buns with your favorite hamburger toppings.