- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a medium bowl, mix the ground beef, oats, milk, 2 tablespoons minced onion, salt, and pepper. Let stand for a few minutes until milk is absorbed, and shape into 8 patties.
- In a small bowl, thoroughly mix the Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, sugar, ketchup, and 1/4 cup chopped onion; set aside.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat, and fry the patties until brown on both sides. Pour the sauce in with the patties, and reduce heat. Continue cooking about 15 minutes.