PREP TIME 10 Min
COOK TIME 20 Min
READY IN 30 Min
Original recipe yield 4 patties
* 1 pound ground beef
* 1 egg
* 1 finely chopped onion
* 1 cup ketchup
* 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
* 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
* 1 teaspoon yeast extract spread (optional)
* 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, or as needed
1. In a medium bowl, combine the ground beef, egg, ketchup, barbeque sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and onion. If you are using the yeast extract spread, throw it in too. Mix together using your hands until well mixed. Add only as much flour as necessary to keep it from being too runny.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Form the burger mixture into 4 large patties. Place patties in the hot skillet, and fry until no longer pink, about 7 minutes per side depending on thickness. Serve on buns or with gravy.
These can also be made on an indoor or outdoor grill.