PREP TIME 15 Min
COOK TIME 15 Min
READY IN 30 Min
Original recipe yield 6 burgers
* 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
* 1/2 teaspoon seasoned meat tenderizer
* salt and pepper to taste
* 2 teaspoons butter
* 2 (4 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms, drained
* 2 tablespoons soy sauce
* 4 slices Swiss cheese
* 6 hamburger buns
1. Prepare a grill for medium heat. Lightly oil the grate.
2. Divide the ground beef into 6 patties. Season with meat tenderizer, salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and soy sauce; cook and stir until browned. Set aside and keep warm.
4. Grill the patties for about 6 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Divide the mushroom mixture evenly amongst the burgers and top each one with a slice of Swiss cheese. Cover the grill for about 1 minute to allow the cheese to melt. Remove from the grill and serve on hamburger buns.