PREP TIME 20 Min
COOK TIME 10 Min
READY IN 30 Min
Original recipe yield 4 hamburger patties
* 1 pound ground beef
* 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
* 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
* ground black pepper to taste
* 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle dark beer
* 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
* 1 fresh jalapeno chile pepper, finely chopped
1. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil grate.
2. In a large bowl, mix together ground beef, dry bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, ground black pepper and approximately 1/2 of the dark beer. Mix until firm enough to form patties, using remaining dark beer as necessary.
3. Shape ground beef mixture into 4 thick patties. Create a well in the center of the patties, and fill with onion and jalapeno. Form the ground beef mixture back around the onions and jalapenos, and flatten.
4. Place patties on the prepared grill, and cook 5 minutes per side, or to desired doneness.