* 4 large unpeeled garlic cloves
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
* 1 teaspoon ground coriander
* 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
* 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey
* 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
* 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
* 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
* 1/2 large cucumber, sliced thin
* 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
* 1/4 cup Major Grey Chutney
* 4 small (4 inch) pita breads
1. Set garlic in a small skillet over medium-high heat; toast until spotty brown, about 5 minutes. Peel, mince and set aside.
2. Mix salt, pepper, coriander, 1/2 tsp. cumin, cinnamon and cloves in a small bowl.
3. Break up turkey in a medium bowl; add garlic, spinach, spice mixture, ginger and jalapeno; stir lightly with a fork to combine. Divide turkey mixture into 4 portions. Toss meat back and forth between cupped hands to form a ball. Pat with fingertips to flatten to about 4 1/2 inches wide. Refrigerate.
4. Mix cucumber, lime juice, 1/4 tsp. cumin and salt to taste in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
5. For charcoal grill: Build a hot fire on one side of grill. Replace rack. When coals are covered with white ash, add burgers. Cover and cook, turning only once, until done, about 5 minutes per side.
6. Grill pitas until spotty brown and warm, a minute or so per side. Split crosswise. Place a burger on each of 4 pita halves. Top with cucumbers and chutney, then remaining pita halves.
For gas grill
About 20 minutes before serving, preheat grill with all burners on high for about 10 minutes. Use a wire brush to clean rack, then use tongs to wipe a rag soaked in vegetable oil over it. Close lid and let reheat. Add burgers; cook, covered, about 5 minutes per side for medium-well.