* 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled
* 2 large garlic cloves, minced
* 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
* 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
* 6 tablespoons minced cilantro
* 3 Green Onions, thinly sliced
* 1/2 cup Thai peanut sauce
* 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 2 cups slaw mix
* 4 small (4 inch) pita breads
1. In a food processor, blend 1/3 of the shrimp into a paste. Add remaining shrimp; pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl. Add garlic, ginger, jalapeno, 1/4 cup cilantro, 2 green onions, 1/4 cup peanut sauce, bread crumbs and salt; combine with a fork. Divide into 4 portions. Pat with fingertips to flatten to about 4 inches wide. Refrigerate.
2. Whisk remaining peanut sauce with lime juice and oil. Mix slaw with remaining onion and cilantro; toss with dressing. Refrigerate.
3. For charcoal grill: Build a hot fire on one side of grill. Replace rack. When coals are covered with white ash, add burgers. Cover and cook, turning only once, until opaque throughout, about 3 1/2 to 4 minutes per side.
4. Grill pitas until spotty brown and warm, a minute or so per side. Split crosswise. Place a burger on each of 4 pita halves. Top with slaw, then remaining pita halves.
For gas grill
About 20 minutes before serving, preheat grill with all burners on high for about 10 minutes. Use a wire brush to clean rack, then use tongs to wipe a rag soaked in vegetable oil over it. Close lid and let reheat. Add burgers; cook, covered, until opaque, about 3 1/2 to 4 minutes per side.