PREP TIME 20 Min
COOK TIME 10 Min
READY IN 30 Min
Original recipe yield 12 burgers
* 3 pounds ground beef
* 3 (1 ounce) envelopes dry onion soup mix
* 1 cup warm water
* 4 cups crushed Ranch-flavored tortilla chips
* 4 cups crushed chili-cheese flavored corn chips
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 1 (4.5 ounce) jar minced garlic
* 1 pickled jalapeno peppers
* 1/2 cup banana pepper rings, drained
* 2 tablespoons seasoned salt, or to taste
* 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning, or to taste
* 12 slices pepperjack cheese
* 12 hamburger buns, split
1. Preheat a grill for high heat.
2. Crumble ground beef into a large bowl. In a separate bowl, dissolve the soup mix in the warm water, and mix well. Stir the soup mix and water into the ground beef along with the tortilla chips, corn chips, onion, garlic, jalapeno, and banana peppers. Season with seasoned salt and Cajun seasoning, and mix using your hands just until blended. Form the beef mixture into 12 balls, and pat into patties.
3. Cook patties on the hot grill for 5 minutes per side. Place a slice of cheese on top of patties during the last 30 seconds of grilling. Serve on buns.