PREP TIME 15 Min
COOK TIME 35 Min
READY IN 50 Min
* 1 pound lean ground beef
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon pepper
* 1/4 cup ketchup
* 1/4 cup chopped onion
* 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
* 3/4 cup crushed cornflakes cereal
* 1/2 cup evaporated milk
* 1 (1 pound) loaf Italian bread, cut in half lengthwise
* 6 American cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the ground beef, salt, pepper, ketchup, onion, Worcestershire sauce, cornflakes, and evaporated milk until evenly blended. Divide the mixture in half, and spread onto the cut side of each half of the loaf of bread. Place them crust side down onto a baking sheet.
3. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until meat is no longer pink. During the last 5 minutes of baking, place the slices of cheese over the top to melt. Depending on how many you are cooking for, you can cut into smaller pieces or serve in larger sections. Enjoy.