PREP TIME 20 Min
COOK TIME 1 Hr
READY IN 1 Hr 30 Min
* 1 pound lean ground beef
* 3 cups peeled and thinly sliced potatoes
* 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 3/4 cup milk
* salt to taste
* freshly ground pepper, to taste
* 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef; drain fat.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream of mushroom soup, onion, milk, salt and pepper to taste.
4. Alternately layer the potatoes, soup mixture and meat in a 11x7 inch (2 quart) baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until potatoes are tender. Top with Cheddar cheese, and continue baking until cheese is melted.