PREP TIME 15 Min
COOK TIME 20 Min
READY IN 35 Min
* 1 pound ground beef
* 1/2 onion, finely chopped
* 1 egg, beaten
* 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (e.g. Tabasco™)
* 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
* 1 teaspoon paprika
* 1 teaspoon dried parsley
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
* 1/2 fresh red chile pepper, finely chopped
* 4 slices pickled jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a bowl, mix the ground beef, onion, egg, hot pepper sauce, and bread crumbs. Season with paprika, parsley, salt, and pepper. In a separate bowl, mix the cheese, red chile pepper, and jalapeno pepper. Form the beef mixture into 4 balls, and press a well in the center of each. Stuff with equal amounts of the cheese mixture. Press meat around filling to seal. Arrange on a baking sheet, and press gently into thick patties.
3. Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, turning once, until well done.