PREP TIME 25 Min
COOK TIME 20 Min
READY IN 45 Min
Original recipe yield 10 hamburgers
* 1 sweet onion, chopped
* 1 green bell pepper, chopped
* 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
* 1 tomato, chopped
* 2 tablespoons steak sauce
* 2 pounds ground beef
* 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
* salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil grate.
2. In a blender or food processor, gradually place sweet onion. green bell pepper, garlic and tomato. Blend into a thick liquid. Mix steak sauce into the mixture.
3. Pour the blended mixture into a large bowl. Place ground beef into the bowl, and thoroughly mix together. Set aside approximately 15 minutes.
4. Mix again if liquid is present, then gradually introduce dry bread crumbs until the ground beef mixture is firm enough to form hamburger patties. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Form the ground beef mixture into hamburger patties. Cook on the prepared grill to desired doneness.