PREP TIME 20 Min
COOK TIME 15 Min
READY IN 35 Min
Original recipe yield 4 burgers
* 1 small onion, chopped
* 4 slices bacon, chopped
* fresh-ground black pepper
* 2 pounds lean ground beef
* 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
* 4 hamburger buns
1. Prepare a grill for medium heat. When hot, lightly oil the grate.
2. Fry the bacon in a skillet over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add onions to the pan; cook and stir until bacon is browned, but not crisp and onion is soft. Remove from the pan and drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Season to taste with black pepper.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef and onion soup mix. Divide into 8 balls and then flatten into thin patties. Place a quarter of the bacon mixture onto each of four patties. Top with the remaining patties and press the edges together to seal.
4. Grill the burgers for about 15 minutes, turning once, until well done. Serve on buns with your favorite condiments.